Directions: Located 1.2 miles from the Post Office northwest on Route 18. Second entrance off the Dells Road. Parking available at both entrances. Picnic tables, fireplaces, and handicapped deck available. Fishing for children only.
In 1917, Daniel Remich gave an area known as The Dells to the Town of Littleton to be kept as a “park forever.”
The easy to follow walking trails follow the edge of the pond. Look for wildflowers in spring and summer. Listen for the distinctive “chick-a-dee” call or the bluejay’s cry.
The pond is home to many water birds: hooded mergansers, great blue herons, bitterns and others. Watch for beaver or otters along the shoreline. Listen for the shrill call of the ovenbird – “teacher, teacher, teacher” – or the rattle of a kingfisher. Watch for the flash of the red-winged blackbird among the cattails.
The Dells Park and Trails
The park is open year round for cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, picnicking and walking. Although no four-wheeled vehicles are permitted, parking is available at either entrance. Please take only pictures and leave only footprints.
Click here for a printable map. (PDF File 217KB)